Doorstep laundry service website with an automated booking solution
Bubble factory website and automated booking and route planning solution
Bubble Factory, a door-to-door laundry service, needed an automated solution for onboarding new laundry service subscribers, coordinating driver routes, and managing customer subscriptions. They also needed help differentiating their service from other businesses.
- Design & Development
- Web Design
Making a website that can do booking and route planning for delivery drivers
They are a laundry pickup and delivery service. The problem is, this website needed to do a lot. We designed a site that would allow customers to book pickup times. Then the website would feed into a client crm and also send the details to route planning software. The software could use the info to plan routes for the different drivers.
what we did
Developed a website api that talks to a calendar and route planning software for delivery drivers
Northwest Media Collective produced an entire user journey, from signup on a website to booking their pickup, to scheduling the driver that’s going to the address.
A website that works more like a web app
- Updated their Pricing page to include mobile-friendly price-comparison tables and a FAQs section. Check it out: https://bubblefactory.biz/our-pricing/
- Built a subscription solution finder that allows customers to enter their zip code, find their service day based on their zip code, and choose from a suite of services. Try it out yourself: https://bubblefactory.biz/zipcode-checker/
- Connected their preferred email service (MailChimp) to their WordPress website to automatically collect new subscriber information and initiate a 3-part email onboarding campaign to welcome new customers
- Developed a customer subscription manager using AirTable that automatically:
- Updates new/canceled subscriptions based on customer status on the client’s WordPress website
- Sends laundry service pickup days to Google Calendar for internal service management
- Sends daily service routing information to Optimoroute (route planning software used by major corporations like Unilever) so our client can schedule the most efficient laundry pick-up routes. Optimoroute then sends the routes to the drivers who pick up dirty laundry from customers in the evening and return clean laundry in the morning.
- Sends automated text messages via Twilio (automated text messaging software used by transportation companies like Lyft) to customers reminding them to put their laundry outside for pick-up.
NW Media Collective loves developing automated solutions like this for clients. Does your business have a process that could be automated? Contact us today to learn how we can help: https://northwestmediacollective.com/project-inquiry/