With social media and organic search marketing strategies, email marketing seems like a thing of the past. Or is it? At Northwest Media Collective, we are learning that right now is the best time to open up your old inbox. Even with states opening re-opening, people are still staying home more than ever due to COVID-19.
Are Email Open Rates Up?
Email open rates on desktop and laptop are rising about 10% week-by-week during the COVID-19 crisis. Mobile is still the most used device, but people are spending more time on their computers and are more likely to open their emails.
Is Email Marketing Still Cost-Effective?
Compared to other marketing strategies, email marketing is still cost-effective. Today, email marketing can result in a very high ROI – $44 for ever $1 spent. So, if you are looking for a marketing strategy that will help you save money, but still reaches a large customer pool, email marketing may be the way to go.
Maximizing Your Email Marketing Results
There are some simple ways to help maximize your email marketing results. Here are just a few tips to keep in mind when writing your emails.
- Give your audience a Clear Call to Action. With a straightforward call to action, your audience will understand what you want them to do, and they will be more likely to visit your webpage.
- Write great content. Content is everything in marketing. Offer solutions to answer your customers’ questions and needs through well-written emails.
- Personalize the content in your email. Make sure that each email is personal and relevant to your brand.
- Include captivating images within your content. Find images that are striking and attention-grabbing to put in your text, but are not too distracting.
- Create clickable links. Your goal with email marketing is to increase traffic to your website which in turn will help to create more sales and revenue for your brand. So, make sure your links are easy to find within your text and.
Tips on How to Use Email Marketing During COVID-19
COVID-19 has caused a lot of uncertainty and change in our society. Email marketers need to be aware of how to write to their customers in these trying times. Here are just a few key ideas that will help you write a successful email during the pandemic.
Be Empathetic and Compassionate
You want to show your customers that you care about them and their struggles. Even if your company was not negatively affected by COVID-19, many business owners and individuals were. By being sincere and empathetic, you can help to build trust in your brand.
Send More Emails, Even on Non-Peak Days
Overflowing your customers’ inboxes is not always the best strategy. But with how open rates are going during the pandemic, sending more emails may help keep your brand noticed. Just make sure that each email is well-written and unique with personalized content.
Acknowledge Consumer Purchasing Changes
People are shopping online more than ever, and their buying decisions are swayed by how a brand responds to the COVID-19 pandemic. Consumers are supporting subscription-based models for entertainment, and they are more likely to shop locally to help small businesses. It is vital that you understand how current events change consumers’ purchasing, so your email campaigns can be successful.
Adding Email Marketing to Your Marketing Strategy
Email marketing can help your company reach current, past, and potential customers and give your company a high ROI, especially during these trying times. Want to learn more about email campaigns and how they can help your company? Contact the Marketing Team at Northwest Media Collective to find out more.