Congratulations! You’re almost done with creating your new website or redesigning your old one and you deserve a hearty pat on the back. While you may be tempted to contort yourself in a myriad of ways to pat your own back, wait. Although you’ve made it this far, you haven’t crossed the end line just yet.
You still have to launch your website, after all. And that means there’s still work to be done.
Tips for a Seamless Launch
A seamless launch is critical to the success of your website as well as your marketing campaigns. Here are some tips that can help you enjoy a seamless launch instead of one that negatively impacts where your site ends up in search engine results pages:
- Employ Effective SEO Practices: It’s essential that you use effective SEO techniques on your website if you actually want people to visit your site. Even if you’re overwhelmed by your website design project, you still need to make time to do at least the basics, such as creating unique titles and meta descriptions for every one of your site’s pages. If you have the time, it’s advisable to establish and act on a link outreach plan before your website goes live as well.
- Backup Your Current Website: Backing up your current website should already be part of your regular site maintenance. If it’s not, you need to make backing up your website a priority before you unveil your new website design for the world to see. With security measures in place and a website that’s backed up, you’ll have what you need in the event something, such as a malware attack, goes wrong during your site launch.
- Set Up Analytics: You can only tell how your new website is doing if you track its performance. Before you launch, set up some analytics so you can track your site’s performance, determine what is and isn’t working successfully and make informed changes.
- Review Your Content: Before you launch your new or redesigned website, it’s critical for you to review your content. It’s not enough to skim your content. You need to read every word individually and watch each video from the beginning to the end to ensure everything is correct, accurate and loads properly.
- Test Functionality: Just like you need to make sure your videos load properly, you need to test the functionality of everything on your website. From your lead generation forms to your email signups, comment sections, internal and external links, social media integration and more, you need to ensure everything works. You also need to make sure your website provides a pleasing, engaging user experience across devices and web browsers.
- Prepare to Be Indexed: If you want your website to show up in organic searches, it’s important for you to prepare it to be indexed by search engines. You should submit a sitemap to Google Search Console so Google can crawl your site’s pages. While sharing a sitemap with Google Search Console is a smart idea, you shouldn’t neglect Bing Webmaster Tools.
Contact NW Media Collective, Inc.
One of the most effective things you can do to ensure the launch of a website goes smoothly is hire experts to handle your website design and launch for you. Read about our website design services and contact NW Media Collective, Inc. for the expert help you need today.